Registration and Waiver Form
Player Name_______________________________ DOB: ______
Camp Selection: Skill Development ________ Shooting Clinics______
Summer Camp ______ Breakfast Club______ Private Lessons_______
Conditioning Camp _______ Spring Team________________
Level/Current or Previous Team: ______________________________Position:______________
*Please make cheques payable to: Weisgerber Management
NOTICE TO ALL EPIC HOCKEY PARTICIPANTS – WAIVER OF LIABILITY
ASSUMPTION OF RISK – BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS,
INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
I am aware that the risk of injury to the above participant’s participation in EPIC HOCKEY activities, events, tournaments, games, hockey school, practices and/or programs has, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent in the sport of hockey, certain additional dangers and risks including, but not limited to, the danger and risk of collision with other participants and/or manmade objects (sticks, pucks, boards, ice), and I freely accept and fully assume all such dangers and risks and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
In consideration of the arena and EPIC HOCKEY and the Sponsors permitting my participation in the aforementioned
Event/program/game I hereby agree as follows:
1. To waive any and all claims that I may have against the Arena, the Sponsors, EPIC HOCKEY and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, and any volunteers in any way associated with the event/program/game, (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the releasees”);
2. To release the releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that may be suffered as a result of the above registrant’s participation in the event/program/game due to any cause whatsoever, including any negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty of care, or breach of the occupiers’ liability act on the part of the releasees;
3. To hold harmless and indemnify the releasees from any and all liability for any property damage, stolen goods or personal injury to any third party, resulting from participation in the event/program/game;
4. In consideration of the above participant’s participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to ice hockey. The risks and hazards of ice hockey include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- Vigorous physical exertion, rapid movements and quick turns and stops on the ice;
- Strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Collisions with the rink boards, hockey nets and ice;
- Being struck by hockey sticks and pucks;
- Physical contact with other participants, resulting in injuries to the eyes, teeth, face, head and other parts of the body, bruises, sprains, cuts, scrapes, breaks, dislocations and spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Variations in ice surface;
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events, which are an integral part of the Organization’s activities.
Furthermore, I am aware that:
- Injuries sustained in ice hockey can be severe;
- Player may experience anxiety while challenging themselves during the activities;
- Risk of injury is reduced if rules are followed; and
- Risk of injury increases as participant’s fatigue.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT
This agreement must be completed in full, dated and signed by the parent/guardian before the participant will be permitted to participate in the event/program/game.
*EPIC HOCKEY is not responsible for lost or stolen articles while attending any sessions. There are no refunds once you have paid and are accepted into the camp. In some cases, if we can refill your spot then we may refund money in circumstances beyond your control.